Read how an organization set new industry benchmarks with top-notch tools and resources for effective decision making!
It didn’t matter if it was technology-related or time sensitive, the Point Alliance team consistently delivered on every challenge that was presented to them. Their results-driven approach and leading-edge solutions led to the successful deployment of their data warehousing, cleansing, consolidation, and business intelligence tools for MagNet.
Senior VP, Business Services, Magazine Information Network, LLC (MagNet)
Magazine Information Network, LLC (MagNet) rerquired a robust data warehouse solution that would accurately capture, consolidate, and cleanse critical magazine and retailer data which was individually housed in varying formats within MagNet’s 100-plus partner base of wholesalers. Combining the technological power of Microsoft® and Cognos, Point Alliance provided MagNet with an end-to-end distribution data warehousing solution and business intelligence tools that would empower MagNet to provide timely and detailed sales data (per store, per issue) from over 140,000 stores across North America.
Core components and services that were provided as part of the new solution included:
• Data warehouse design and architecture
• A new industry standard XML data transfer format for all incoming data
• Data consolidation and cleansing tools—transformation and matching of copious data from multiple sources, formats and platforms
• Business intelligence tools—multifaceted data reporting, audit and analysis
• Configuration and hosting of MagNet’s infrastructure including terabyte servers and SANs
• Data migration – of historical data from the previous proprietary system
Since launching the new consolidated data warehouse and flexible and scalable business intelligence tools, MagNet proudly boasts many benefits, meeting their overarching goal of providing the publishing industry with the best decision-support information and tools.